What is an Electrochemical Etching Machine
The electrochemical etching machine is also known as electro-corrosion marking machine, electro-printing marking (engraving) machine, which is a marking machine that utilizes low voltage to partially ionize the metal surface under the action of the marking liquid.
Electrochemical etching machine can print trademarks, product names, technical indicators and other logos with black or white color on various metals. It has the advantages of permanent marking, easy mechanical operation and low price and widely used in industrial parts, screw rods, pneumatic components, medical equipment, stainless steel signs, nameplates, panels, etc.
How Does it Work
Electrochemical etching is based on an electrochemical processing,the positive ions move to the negative electrode under the action of the positive and negative electrodes of the voltage, and produce insoluble substance and accumulate on the surface of the work-piece.
The Pros and Corns of Electrochemical Etching
- Low price
- None change color and fall off, and resistant to high temperatures.
- Can quickly and accurately print marks
- Portable and without space constraints
- Easy operation and maintenance
- The depth of the printing mark is relatively shallow
- The content of the mark is limited by the template.
- It is not suitable for printing serial number and production date and other highly variable marks.
- It is only suitable for printing single mark content or mark content with little change frequency.
Electrochemical Etching Machine
With a beautiful marks, increase the identification and traceability of the product and improve the anti-counterfeiting ability of products,and promote a brand marketing. At present,a lot of customer have used metal electrochemical etching machine, which have a good review after usage.
This electrochemical etching machine posses analog stepless power adjustment, PC timing, power, voltage indication, adaptability, suitable for various metal marking，which can etch a clear, durable, non-discoloring, non-shedding, high temperature resistant, and not fall off marks regardless of product size, plane, curved surface or sheet.
- Fine print
- Depth of 5-100um
- Easy to operate
- Two seconds to image
- The electrolyte is an environmentally friendly product and will not have any effect on the human body.
How to Use Electrochemical Etching Machine
1. Input: 220V AC/50HZ.
2. The red positive pole is connected to the marking head.
3. The black negative pole is connected to the clip,then clamp the workpiece with it.
4. Pour the marking liquid into the dish that just covers the upper layer of the sponge.
1. Turn on the power switch (the marking head and the clip cannot be directly or indirectly touched to cause a short circuit before starting operation)
2. Adjust the voltage to a appropriate value(Usually between 4 and 9 ( The lowest possible voltage used to protect the template under the condition of ensuring the clarity of the marking)
1. Put the workpiece on the substrate after wiping the workpiece ( It is better to use a attachment to clamp the workpiece if a large number of markings)
2. Stick the template on the workpiece and hold it down, dip some marking fluid on the marking head, and press it on the template. Wipe or rotate lightly with a certain strength within a few seconds;
3. After marking, wipe the surface of the workpiece. If it is rusty metal, it should be oiled as soon as possible.
5. After marking,wash the template with water and then dry it.
Not allowed the marking head and the substrate (or workpiece) to directly contact with the workpiece without the template, otherwise it will cause a short circuit.
The marking fluid is a corrosive substance, you had better wear gloves; when marking for a long time, you should have a good ventilation to avoid inhalation of the marking fluid vapor, or wear a carbon mask.
Template: Avoid folding or scratching the template. Wash and dry it after each use.
Conductive mesh: If there are many burrs on the surface of the workpiece,which is easy to wear the conductive mesh.
How to Solve Common Troubleshooting
Turn on the power, no indication: Check whether the fuse is blown. (Be sure to use the specifications indicated on the back of the machine)
Frequent Overheat: Check whether the conductive mesh is damaged, or whether the voltage is too high, the operator’s press time is too long or the force is too large.
The right power display, but cannot work: check whether the entire circuit is connected, or whether there is an insulating layer on the metal surface.
Not clear marking or too light:Adjust the voltage and marking time.( The conductivity of the marking fluid will decrease around 0℃, please heat it)
Q:Can Electrochemical Etching Machine print color marking?
No, only black and white can be done by electrochemical etching.
Q:Is the electrochemical etching process safe?
The electrolyte is a neutral liquid without a strong acid, a strong base, or a volatile gas as long as you wear rubber gloves, the output voltage of marking is about 10 to 15V, which is a safe voltage.
Q:Is it suitable to mark serial numbers with electrochemical etching?
Q:What is the difference between electrochemical etching and pneumatic marking on metal
Electrochemical etching common prints trademark specifications (characters that are not frequently changed), no damage the surface of the workpiece with a good appearance.
Q:Is it possible to mark on spray paint or electroplated oxide layer metal?
No, the principle of the device is to chemically react with the bare metal surface, and cannot react electrochemically with the paint and oxide layer.
Q:Can I make a template for printing by myself?
It require professional equipment to make the template.
Q:What can i do if the content changes frequently?
You can try wax paper to make a simple template, which can basically meet your needs.